Responsive menu icon
Bakker Auto and Marine Trim of Muskegon Michigan.

Products & Services

Professional interior, upholstery and electronic specialists.

Bakker has been doing interiors and upholstery professionally since 1918. No other trim shop in West Michigan can say that.

Seating Repair

Seat repair is our most popular service. We can repair and replace coverings and upholstery on all types of transportation seating. In cases where only one panel or section of a vehicle’s upholstery is being replaced, the job requires that the new material match the existing material as closely as possible.

Seat Heaters

Bakker can add upper and lower heating elements to most seating. For vehicles with center mounted air bag occupancy sensors, we offer smaller heating pads that heat the sides/bolsters.

Seat Comfort

Does your seat lack the comfort you need? We can repair or replace the foam cushions. Bakker can also add additional foam or power lumbar supports to make your seat fit you!

Remote Car Starters

Bakker’s electronics technicians have been doing remote starter installs for over a combined total of 50 years. We specialize in long range dependable systems and offer free remote batteries for the life of the system. The lakeshores car dealers send their customers’ cars to Bakker for the best installation in town.

Classics

For owners of vintage or classic cars who wish to preserve their vehicles’ original equipment, replacing old upholstery with new isn’t always an option. Bakker is the area’s expert in upholstering classic and older vehicles. Our Detroit Body material guides for automobiles and trucks go back to 1958.

Leather Interior Conversions

A popular option for new car buyers or for those that want to spruce up their existing vehicle is to change the cloth seating covers out for leather. We offer interior options that match factory colors or you can pick out contrasting color options for a unique look. Custom embroidery is also available.

Interior carpets

In addition to the carpet you’ll find on the floor of most passenger cars and trucks, there is carpet and other fabric in the trunk as well. Bakker specializes in repair and replacement in all makes and models of cars and marine applications. We have assisted many customers with cleanup of spills within their vehicles.

Headliners

The headliner on a modern car is the foam backed fabric material that covers the ceiling. Over time the modern headliners suffer from sagging due to the foam backing deteriorating. Bakker performs minor repairs as well as complete recovering of headliners. We also specialize in the installation of suspended “bow style” headliners in older vehicles.

Repairing and replacing convertible tops and fabric roof covers

Although the heavy-duty vinyl or cloth that comprises most convertible tops or fabric roof covers is designed to be waterproof, durable and long-lasting, over time the elements can take their toll. Bakker is the area’s leading convertible and fabric roof repairer. We service all makes of convertibles, classic or brand new even complex foreign models.

Marine and boat upholstery

Although the basic premise of boat upholstery is the same as automotive, marine upholstery requires special attention. Boat interiors, and bimini tops or canvas covers, are typically exposed frequently to water and UV degradation. Marine-grade materials that are more durable, more water resistant or waterproof and resistant to UV degradation need to be used. Bakker has the experience to work on your watercraft.

Leaking Sunroof Service/Sunroof Repair

We repair all types of original equipment and aftermarket power sunroofs. From glass replacement to cable repair we work on it. Most of today’s sunroofs are designed to shed about 90% of the water that hits the glass. The other 10% is designed to go past the sunroof seal and exit out the drain system of the sunroof assembly. Debris collect in these drains and prohibit the water from passing and the water backs up into the vehicle. We require a diagnosis of the leaking sunroof to determine what parts are needed if any. Many times, no additional parts are needed, only the time to clear the drains.

Truck Bed Covers and Step Bars

We offer truck bed covers from Extang, Truxedo and many more.
Step bars come in all shapes and sizes. Most are available for installation the next business day.

Brands

See some of the brands that Bakker Auto Trim & Marine offers.

THE LATEST FROM BAKKER AUTO...